For two years we have been travelling to meet engineers, architects, self-builders who are all building cheap ecological houses!
Back in France we are now working on the setting up of a circuit exhibition (from Autumn 2016) and on a documentary (Spring 2017) to share those solutions for the future with a wider audience.
According to the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), the field of accommodation and building consumes a little more than 40% of the global energy production and produces approximately 30% of the greenhouse effects.
According to the latest Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change report ( IPCC ), without any effort to reduce the greenhouse effects, the rise in temperatures is expected to be between 3.7°C and 4.8°C till the end of the century.
In History, six degrees less means a mile of ice over the British Isles, the sea ice north of a London-Amsterdam-Munich line, the ocean 120 meters lower than its current level, the tundra in Paris with nice wooly mammals. If the temperature increase goes up 2°C without check, there will be a climactic change similar to what happened as the ice age came to an end, yet fifty times faster.Pierre Radane, former Chairman of the l'ADEME
The Project in a Nutshell…
• 1 year of preparation (2013/2014)
• 2 ½ year of shooting trip (May 2014 to August 2016)
• 1 year of restitution (2016/2017): making of the film, circuit exhibition, conferences
• Each and every month, excerpts of our articles in the french S!lence magazine
• 3 partner school forms which we are sending filmed letters to (in french only)
• Join us ! more than 5000 followers on facebook, 500 subscribers to our newsletter